Monday 14 July 2008

wedding panic

No, not MY wedding - that was years ago. But I mentioned below that I have to photograph a wedding on saturday, so now I'm watching the weather as nervously as any bride. I've spent what feels like every waking moment trying to figure out how to master my new flash, the frighteningly beefy SB-800, and it continues to be a daunting task. Especially when the cat won't - sit - still ... here, kitty kitty!




This one (left) didn't have enough flash and didn't work too brilliantly (brightened a bit in photoshop, but still a bit flat). On the plus side, the cat is doing a great impression of a lead singer from a thrash metal band, which is not something you get to see every day.


Same goes for the one below (not bright enough, rather than the kitten rock). And I should probably explain that the cat doesn't usually have a black forehead - we think he stuck his head up the chimney when we were asleep. Silly kitty.



Apologies for the awful layout, by the way - I don't seem to be able to change the alignment once I've chosen it.


In true goldilocks style, the third one is (kind of) just right. Shame it makes kevin look like a big furry white slug.


Sigh. I still have a lot of work to do. And it would help if i could practice on a human. (J is out installing a bathroom - long story).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over to you!