Saturday 30 August 2008

Hangin' with my kitten

Trying to explain the irrational, intense love I have for my cat would take more time than I have right now. But today I had a great afternoon, sitting in the back garden just hanging with the cat. (Oh yes - we also had an Ethiopia PAP meetup, which was really good, despite a startling array of logistical disasters. Unfortunately the meetup was in Reading, where we live - only unfortunate because, due the logistical disasters, I doubt anyone will want to come back here again. As a disclaimer, I should probably say that I didn't organise it, and none of the disasters were really anyone's fault, but I think it's safe to guess that will be the last Ethiopia meetup that we will ever be able to walk to).

But the cat. Here's me and him enjoying the last of the summer.Watching him wandering around on the grass is surprisingly like watching a fish in a pond. Same random, bounded movement, same sinuous curves. But I've never yet met a fish who wanted to nuzzle me and purr, so I'll stick with the cat.

1 comment:

Over to you!