Thursday 11 June 2009

Sweet Thursday

Did I say that I got my work to agree to the four day a week thing? Well, they did. Did it have anything to do with my staring very intensely at my boss and saying 'I want to go to four days a week so that I don't have a nervous breakdown'? Well, maybe. Who cares anyway. The point is that they did. And I'm having Thursdays off, which is brilliant.

And did I mention that today is Thursday?

So far I have had a leisurely coffee and started Jamaica Inn, by Daphne DuMaurier. Don't tell me how it ends, because it's pretty exciting already.

I have cleaned the bathroom.

I have hauled my macro lens out of retirement and taken some photos of roses,



and also tried to photograph a recalcitrant bee who keeps hiding under the stamens on the passionflower that is blooming for the first time in our back garden.




I have watched a corgi teasing a cat on you tube.

I have been to the post office and picked up my amazingly super bargainous beautiful dark ch0colate leather changing bag that was reduced by something crazy like 90% because it was the only one left in stock of that colour, which just happened to be the exact colour that I wanted anyway.

I have stroked a sun-warmed cat.

I have done some sewing.

I have started to simmer some ham in coke.

I have fallen asleep in a deckchair.

I have not felt sad at all.

It has been a lovely day .

11 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you got Thursdays off. Did I mention that I'm jealous?

    Lovely photos by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos! I am so happy you had a great day- you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word recalcitrant.

    My mom (mum?) makes ham with coke for Christmas every year. You can also just mix the mustard and coke and use it as a rub. If you slice the ham first and then pour the mixture on, it soaks in for mo' betta' hammy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a perfect Thursday! I'm so glad you were able to work it out for a 4 day work week and I love what you did with your extra time.

    Congrats on the C of E. I know I am so late to the party, but am celebrating and so stinking happy for you just the same.

    Your photos from today are breathtaking and so crystal clear. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a 4 day work week as well..it helps that my husband and I own a business...but I did exactly what you did "staring very intensely at my boss and saying 'I want to go to four days a week so that I don't have a nervous breakdown'?"

    Sounds like you had a lovely day :) It is nice isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swweeeeeet. Sometimes just having time to do what you want is just sweeeet.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very happy for you (and just a teensy bit - horribly - jealous!! :p)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, C, those roses...!!! Do they smell as good as they look?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claudia, thanks for reading my dog blog. You're right about praying anyway. So I went to your blog and see you are adopting from ET!! I'm friends with Ted and Lori, I was there they got the call (the one about the court being solved). It was a glorious day. Abe is an amazing guy; another ET parent called him "Seratonin in a pair of Stride Rites." I've also watched Ted and Lori graft into an amazing community of ET adoptive parents. No, not community; they're family. I'm very excited for you.

    But like Tom Petty sang, "the waiting is the hardest part." I know there's a scripture about justice not tarrying a single day. And the day is coming it WON'T be a call about mobile phone deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so excited to see you link to Susan's blog. Two of my favorite people know each other! Seriously: Susan is awesome. I love her.
    I love how you're spending your days off. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And Susan's comment made me teary. She's right: this community is like family. And you're part of it. Let us know when you want to visit us in Oregon. I'm not joking.

    ReplyDelete

Over to you!